Thomas Laage Consulting provides physician services to the medical device, pharmaceutical,
and health care marketing industries on a contract basis. Clients include clinical research organizations, start-up companies,
and established firms. Dr. Laage also offers medical expertise on clinical, regulatory, and commercial matters to companies
without in-house medical direction.
Thomas Laage Consulting capabilities include:
Clinical strategy, design and implementation
- Strategic review of scientific process and alignment with clinical projects
- Protocol development and implementation
- Medical monitoring, medical safety, adverse event reporting, pharmacovigilance, and PSURs
Early stage support and medical direction
- Data review, analysis and report writing (investigator brochures, protocols, CSRs)
for regulatory submissions and marketing
- Academic manuscript writing, editing, and journal submission, including expert scientific review
- Scientific Affairs functions, including medical direction, clinical and regulatory affairs
- Strategic review and alignment of R&D
- Board advisor/independent director
- Medical input for healthcare marketing firms
- Medical review of commercial and consumer content for adherence to FDA guidelines.
Thomas Laage Consulting clients always have the physician back-up that they need.
Thomas Laage, MD, MPH offers experience as a clinician, academician, medical writer, and
clinical trials consultant including:
- Board-certification in internal medicine and psychiatry/neurology prior to transitioning to full time consulting
- Former Harvard Medical School faculty
- In-patient hospital management background
- Practicing psychiatry and psychotherapy
- Mentoring of residents and medical students
- Consultation to industry on psychiatric and medical topics
- Non-profit board member
- Lecturer in adult education
Dr. Laage earned a BA in Biochemical Sciences from Harvard College, an MD from Albert Einstein College
of Medicine, and an MPH from the Harvard School of Public Health. He is a member of the Massachusetts Medical Society (MMS), the
Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS), the Drug Information Association (DIA), and the Society for Clinical Trials (SCT).
He has published in the medical literature, most recently in 2011. Resume and references available upon request.